Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pesto

I love pesto. I am obsessed with it. I will eat it with a spoon. Luckily, it's super easy to make, and all you need is a food processor.

Pesto
3 large cloves garlic, peeled
20 fresh basil leaves
1 1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese (I find the best to use is Kraft from the pasta aisle)
2/3 cup pine nuts (look in the produce section for these and store in the freezer)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup olive oil

Start by putting the garlic, basil, cheese, pine nuts and salt in the food processor and mixing until a paste is formed.

Slowly drizzle oil in with processor running until mixed completely. Let sit at room temperature a few hours to let the flavors meld.

Enjoy with pasta, mix with mayo to make a pesto mayonnaise, or just eat with a spoon like me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment