Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Spicy Nuts

This week at Publix, nuts are BOGO (buy one get one free!), so I got a pack to snack on at work. I decided to jazz them up a bit, and they turned out AMAZING. Unfortunately for you, I didn't exactly follow a recipe, but I'l give you the low down, and let you make your own spice mix! I used roasted almonds that were already salted, so I didn't use salt at all.

Spicy Nuts
ground cumin
cayenne pepper
hot chili powder
garlic powder
salt (but go easy if the nuts are already salted)
garam masala (not necessary, but adds a nice touch if you have it on hand)
dash of sugar
olive oil

In a small frying pan, warm the oil with the spices.

Honestly, whatever spices you use is totally up to you. If you like Indian flavors, use curry powder. You could make them for the holidays with cinnamon and nutmeg. Truly, the world is your oyster! Toss in your nuts.

Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (I used a baking sheet with edges so my nuts didn't fall all over the oven).

Bake 10-15 minutes at 350. If the nuts are raw, you'll have to bake them longer.

These were so delicious I couldn't stop munching on them all day at work. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment