Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Homemade Road ID

Ever since I started running on a regular basis, I've always been SUPER concerned that something would happen to me, and since I don't run with a phone or ID or anything, no one would ever know who I was. It's a serious paranoia of mine (amongst many others). They have ones you can buy online but they are super boring and sterile looking. So I enlisted my mom to help make one for my friend Ryan and I. 

Using my mom's embroidery machine I was able to create this super cute design, and then my mom sewed the button holes for the shoe laces. 
Jane B's machine stitching away

Then I laced it on and voila! Now I'll never be lost if something ever happens to me while I'm running :)

I can't wait to try it out at the Gate River Run in Jacksonville this weekend!


Side note: Ryan and I did our first 10k this weekend!! It was a great race. It was FREEZING and rained the first 1-2 miles, but after that, we both settled in and had a great run. It was funny because she was a little ahead of me but when we compared notes, we struggled and found it easy at the same spots. Mile 4 was great for both of us and mile 5 was terrible for both of us. And we even matched:

Twinsies!
So get outside and have fun! It's so nice out lately:)
xoxo,
Janie from Scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment