Monday, January 13, 2014

Pickled Corn

Lately I am SO obsessed with anything pickled! Except actual pickles, I hate pickles. Over the summer I found a recipe for Pickled Corn in Bon Appetit and it is JUST the best. It's super easy, and it only has to sit for a few hours before you can eat it.

Pickled Corn

  • 2 cups fresh corn (I used 3-4 ears)
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
  • 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • pepper

Combine all of the above in a heat-proof dish.

  • 1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 teaspoons salt (I use kosher)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (I always put a little extra sugar)

Bring the above to a boil, and pour over corn mixture. Stir, and if needed, cover with additional water. Chill & let sit for a few hours or more. This just gets better with time! I can literally eat this with a spoon, no tacos needed, but it is also DELISH on tacos.

Also on this taco is some homemade queso fresco! I had no idea how easy it was to make cheese from scratch!!! Maybe I'll write a blog about it one day :)

xoxo,
janie from scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment