Saturday, June 5, 2010

Basmati Rice with Peas

So you definitely need some rice to go with that delicious pork curry you made yesterday, right? Basmati rice is super easy.

Basmati Rice with Peas
When you make rice, you want to use 2-to-1 ratio water-to-rice. I can never get the amount of rice I need to the amount of curry right. I either have too much rice or too much curry. But, I usually make about 1 1/2 cups of rice using 2 3/4 cups of water. For basmati rice, I use a little less water than 2-to-1. You can also add in a little chicken stock for a little more flavor. I always add in a swirl or two of olive oil and some salt. Bring the water to a boil, then add in the rice and a few handfuls of peas, cover, turn the heat to low, and set the timer for 15 minutes. Don't lift the lid until the 15 minutes are over! After 15 minutes, my rice is usually done, but I always taste a little to make sure. The peas will have risen to the top, but stir them back in and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment