Thursday, April 18, 2013

Race T-shirt Redux!

Tomorrow night I'm doing the Relay for Life in Tampa with my godmother and I am SO psyched to be getting involved in the community finally! It's something I've really been wanting to do, but haven't had the time/opportunity/balls to do it by myself, so I kind of drunkenly agreed a few weeks ago, and I'm so glad I did! Earlier tonight, we spent some time baking and decorating items to sell - painted corks, wine glasses, candle holders. They are super cute, maybe I'll take some pics tomorrow at the event. I'm not SUPER crafty, but some of them turned out really adorable, hopefully someone will pick them up for $1!!

Tonight we also picked up our relay shirts, and I usually am not big on wearing the race shirt TO the race but apparently everyone does it for this one. It's gonna be HOT as blazes tomorrow, so I wanted to turn mine into a tank somehow. Our team captain, Sarah, is really into pinterest (just like me! check out her page!) and showed me this adorable and easy t-shirt redux (it's also a bonus this blogger is from New Zealand, I love it there!). I decided to whip it up tonight when I got home and my mom helped me, of course.

I didn't take pics along the way, the blog tutorial is pretty self-explanatory and easy as it is. I did tweak it a little. I serged the raw edges and then straight stitched them under to make the arm holes non-raggedy. The logos were a bit higher on my tshirt than on the blogger's so mine got a little cramped at the top :/ but it turned out super cute anyways!
Close up :) 
I love to make a crazy face!
This legit only took straight stitches, it was super easy!

I'm off this weekend to a transatlantic cruise then spending a few days in Europe!
xoxo,
Janie from Scratch

UPDATE!! I got so many compliments and "how did you do that"s at the relay! A very successful t-shirt redux :)

No comments:

Post a Comment