Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fancy Burger

Hey you guys!!! (Make sure you read that in the Goonies voice) So I just got back Sunday from an 11-day transatlantic cruise, 2 days in Barcelona and 2 days in Berlin with the bf. The last part was a total whirlwind but the cruise was SO relaxing. It was totally different than the other round-trip-type cruises I've been on where I always feel like I'm racing against time to do everything and see everything on the boat. We had 10 days at sea and it was AMAZING!
Look how much fun we're having!!
But, while I LOVE traveling, it is nice to be home. My mom is actually also in Europe, just off a Rhine river cruise and spending a few days in Amsterdam so I've been eating whatever frozen meats she has in the fridge. (She always goes to Sams and gets a bunch and then freezes individual portions--super helpful and easy for us since we're either always one or two for dinner.) Last night I had a pork chop, and today I made a delish burger!

For the burger part, I used ground kobe beef (I know, Jane B is FANCY!) with some seasoned salt and pepper. I bought a ciabatta roll at Publix this morning and toasted it in the oven. I was just going to use regular ketchup, but we didn't have any, so I mixed some balsamic sauce with mayo to make a yummy aioli. I sauteed up some mushrooms and onions, and then topped the burger with swiss. I also baked a corn on the cob (350 for 30 minutes in the oven with the husk on). It turned out SO good! I even impressed myself with this quick dinner :)
Hope yall are ready for summer and more grilling and burgers and fun in the sun!
xoxo,
Janie from Scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment