Thursday, December 20, 2012

For Your Mistle Toes - Holiday Gift

Of course, awhile ago I saw on pinterest what I wanted to make/give the girls at the office. Just a little something to brighten their holidays. So I found super cute nail files at Sally and bought some small nail polishes in Christmas colors and whipped up some homemade sugar scrub.

Sugar/Salt Scrub
1 cup coconut oil (I found some at Whole Foods)
1/2 cup sea salt
1/2 cup raw sugar
essential oils (I used eucalyptus & lavender)

Mix everything together. I ended up adding more salt & sugar because I wanted the consistency to be a little thicker. But just make yours as thick or thin as you like.
I found these super cute jars at Michael's (but actually they turned out to leak), but you can also use canning jars (my fave!).
 I made a few batches!
 Then, I made these super cute inserts for the baggies I was putting together.
 And I wrapped up the bigger ones individually.
And the smaller ones went with the nail polish and see the SUPER CUTE ADORABLE nail file? I chose ones that matched whoever the gift went to.
These were a big hit!!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas :) And Happy New Year!

xoxox,
Janie from Scratch

AFTER THE FACT: So, the little plastic jars leaked :( Next time I think I'll use mason jars instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment