Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Greatest Culinary Feat: Kraft Mac'n'Cheese in a Frying Pan

Many of you know that I moved to Tampa this past weekend. But the movers came a few days before I turned in my keys, so I had to live in an empty apartment with limited culinary tools at my disposal. Basically, all I kept was my favorite Le Creuset frying pan. So, Friday night I got a craving for Kraft Mac'n'Cheese. I really LOVE the stuff. Probably more than I should considering I can make mac'n'cheese from scratch in a jiff. So that night I attempted my greatest culinary feat to date--making the Kraft Mac'n'Cheese in a frying pan! (Luckily for me, I did randomly keep a colander, but if I hadn't, I would've found a way to strain the noodles!) Sorry for the quality of the photos, I took them with my iPhone!

So first, I boiled the water. Kind of hard in a huge frying pan with a burner that doesn't work so well. But I also kept behind my grill pan (don't ask why!) so I used that as a makeshift lid! I felt so crafty.

So then I drained the noodles in a colander, and put them back in the pan with the butter and milk. My little secret is that you really don't have to use all the butter they call for. I usually use a tablespoon or two. Then I don't feel so bad when I eat a HUGE portion/the entire box. And then, of course, comes the bright orange powder!

It looks so fluorescent compared to the pale noodles!

Time to mix mix mix!

And then, time to EAT EAT EAT!

So, my friends, the moral of the story is that you can indeed cook Kraft Mac'n'Cheese in a frying pan. Or maybe a more general moral of the story is to be resourceful. Try new things. Eat more mac'n'cheese. But only if it's made with neon orange powder.

1 comment: