Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I love oatmeal raisin cookies mostly because I feel like they are healthier than regular cookies. I mean oatmeal and raisins, that's totally healthy.

So since you've already read my chocolate chip cookie blog, you know the process to make cookies, right?

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1/2  cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4  cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2  cup granulated sugar
2  eggs
1  teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2  cups all-purpose flour
1  teaspoon baking soda
1  teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2  teaspoon salt (optional)
3  cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1  cup raisins

Cream the sugars and butter until fluffy.

Add in the eggs and vanilla.

In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.

Mix in the flour mixture little by little. Then add in the oatmeal and raisins.

The dough will be super thick.

Scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet. I always use an ice cream scoop which gives really evenly sized cookies, so they cook more evenly.

Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, or until browned. Cool on a cookie rack.

Enjoy by yourself, or pack up into a cute box (I get mine from Joanne's) and give to your friends!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Janie these look delish!! I'll be making them for my husband because he loves oatmeal raisin cookies. I always thought the perfect oatmeal raisin cookie would also have some chocolate morsels in them. What can I say I love chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! feel free to put chocolate in them!! i bet chocolate covered raisins might be good too :)

    ReplyDelete