Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bistro Lemon Chicken

Ryan and I have been on a mission to clean out our freezer/fridge/pantry, and turn into semi-vegetarians. I had some leftover chicken breasts and legs and made them into a quick dinner on Sunday night.

First, get your favorite heavy-bottomed (oven-proof) pan super hot and set your oven to 400F. Put a little oil or Pam in your pan. Then, clean your chicken. I had chicken breasts on the bone, but use whatever you have. Boneless breasts will take less time to cook. But breasts on the bone will usually stay juicier. Get some lemon pepper & salt and season the first side of your chicken.

You can be generous with the lemon pepper. Put the seasoned side of your chicken down in your pan, and while that side is searing, season the other side of the chicken. After a few minutes, the first side will be crusty (not burnt though!) so turn your chicken. At this point, I sliced up some lemon and squeezed the juice over the chicken, then put the lemon pieces in the pan with the chicken. Put the entire pan in the oven and cook 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
(Don't mind my pizza stone--I forgot to take it out since making focaccia the other night!)

Ryan and I ate this with a simple tomato & cucumber salad, nothing else needed! Hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment