Monday, August 27, 2012

I Love Bacon ... or How to Cook Bacon in the Oven

Pretty sure I might be going senile because I SWEAR I've written this post before, but I looked and apparently in 77 posts I haven't shared my DEEP ROOTED and PROFOUND love of bacon yet. It is TRULY shocking, even to me, because I LOVE bacon. Like probably more than I will ever love any other person in my life, I love bacon. Everyone who knows me knows I LOVE bacon. My old boss at Disney STILL sends me emails about bacon and I haven't worked for the man in over a year. (He also got me a bacon ornament as a Christmas gift last year.. LOVE HIM!)

There's a bacon coffin (for those who love bacon to death... HA!):

There's this amazing website that shows you 18 Life Changing Ways to Eat Bacon.
Um, bacon pancakes... YES PLEASE. 

Bacon Sundae from Burger King:
(Haven't tried yet but I am DYING to... See what I did there?? With the coffin?? I crack myself up.)

My favorite sandwich is the BLT. Easy and so good. And I love a bacon-wrapped filet. I just recently made bacon-guacamole grilled cheese sammies. I've also made bacon cupcakes and they are AMAZING. And I've made bacon pie, ALSO AMAZING. Sadly, both are not on this blog.

So, you can see that I love bacon... but I guess after all this bacon talk, I should teach yall how to cook bacon. You can obviously fry it in a pan with it's own grease (delish!). Or in the microwave if you're in a hurry--just slap some paper towels on an microwave proof plate and zap it for a few minutes. Or my favorite way to cook bacon is in the oven. Grab a half-sheet pan and put some aluminum foil in the bottom (you'll still need to wash the pan because some of the grease always seeps through the cracks, but the foil makes clean-up a little easier). Set your cookie rack on top, then lay the bacon on the cookie rack.
Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Keep a close eye on it though because it can burn easily! Mine got a little brown.. that's why there's no after picture, oops.

Do you love bacon as much as I do?? Tell me about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment