Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bacon-Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich

My friend was in town this week, and I wanted to make something easy and delicious since we were spending the night in. On pinterest, there are a lot of grilled cheese sandwich combos, so I chose one of those. I've had this bacon-guacamole grilled cheese pinned for awhile, and my friends know how much I LOVE bacon, so this seemed like the perfect mix for me.

Bacon-Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
bacon
guacamole (I was lazy and got pre-made guac from the store, but this would definitely be better with homemade)
cheese (I used shredded per the recipe, but I think it might be easier with sliced American)
white bread
butter

Start by frying up the bacon! You could also cook it in the microwave or in the oven (I swear I wrote a post on this, but apparently I am going senile! Maybe another day). Butter one side of your bread, lay in a skillet on medium/medium-low (not too hot, otherwise the outside gets done before the cheese inside gets melted). Add your cheese, then spoon on the guacamole (this was really tricky with the shredded cheese, but easier on the last one where I used slices). Add your bacon slices, more cheese, and your other piece of buttered-bread. Finish frying until the first side is golden brown, then flip and fry until the second side is golden brown. Then, DIG IN!


This is truly so yummy, but a lot of people have asked, what kind of combination is this?? Well, the easy answer is a quesadilla is basically a Mexican grilled cheese, and you eat guacamole with quesadillas all the time. And bacon goes with everything... I MEAN EVERYTHING. :)

I served this with a yummy cucumber-apple salad (which has become my official new favorite salad).

And a big special shout out to Kevin who after this delicious sandwich helped my roomie & I build our new kitchen island!!

No comments:

Post a Comment