Sunday, August 12, 2012

Spicy Thai Noodles

Oh my god, y'all. I made these noodles Friday for dinner, and then went out in Miami for a friend's birthday, and finished them when I got home (at 4am--yikes!) and they were a million times better cold than hot. I can't even describe how good they tasted when I got home (the flavors might've been accentuated by the wine & vodka I had while out, or because the pasta had time to soak up the sauce), but it was seriously so good. AND so easy! And, of course, I saw it on pinterest, LOL!

Spicy Thai Noodles
1/4 cup sesame oil (find it in the Asian section at your supermarket)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (but I think this can be omitted)
1-2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you can handle)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
linguine, angel hair pasta or spaghetti (I used about a half of a box)
Toppings/Mix-ins
sauteed spinach
sauteed mushrooms
sliced chicken or shrimp
thinly sliced cucumbers
sliced water chestnuts
shredded carrots
thinly sliced green onions
chopped cilantro
chopped peanuts

Start by cooking the pasta. While the pasta is cooking, simmer the sesame and vegetable oil with the red pepper flakes 2-3 minutes. Be careful it doesn't burn! I looked away for a minute and it almost got burnt. Strain out the red pepper flakes, and put the oil in a large bowl. Add in the soy sauce and honey, and whisk until mixed (I added a little extra soy sauce because it seemed a little oily). Toss in the pasta and any of your mix-ins. I did the sauteed spinach and mushrooms, because that was what I had on hand, but if you serve this cold, making it into a cold noodle salad would be delicious! Or, making it into a meal by adding some grilled chicken or shrimp. Seriously, the possibilities are endless because the sauce is just so good.


When I got home, the noodles were almost brown from all the sauce! Just so good. Try it, NOW!

A BIG hug and kisses to my good friend Diame for her birthday! We had an amazing time Friday night at Wynwood Kitchen & Bardot Lounge. Wynwood Kitchen is this amazing little tapas restaurant in the design district in Miami. I had the gazpacho which came with spicy croutons and it was amazing. Then we finished the night at Bardot; it's a dark, smokey lounge, with a great DJ, also in the design district. All in all, a great night for an amazing friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment