Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holiday Place Cards

POST OVERLOAD!! Two in one week! LOL -- my mom asked me to make some place cards for our big Christmas dinner... I've been wanting to make these pie-cards but haven't had the chance, so I started making them, then I read the instructions and they need to dry for 3-5 days... so that wouldn't work for Christmas! I had to come up with a plan B, and fast! And there weren't a lot of options since I didn't want to run out at 3pm on Christmas eve. Then I came across these little cuties - number 17! I found some adorable ribbon and some craft paper I had lying around, and whipped them up!

I did the names on the computer, my secret (since I'm on a mac and I don't have Adobe suite) is to use powerpoint, and just resize the slides to 8.5" x 11". It seems to work better than trying to work in Word or even Excel. I decided to do women, men, and children all in different colors (since I'm a little spiteful I had to sit at the children's table WELL into my twenties). I printed the names in big ovals... maybe 4" x 2" and cut them out. Hole-punched the ends, then threaded some cut ribbon through them. I lucked out because my mom had ribbon with wire in the edges, so it made it a LOT easier. I made sure they could stand, then cut the ends of the ribbon to look like candy, and VOILA! Done :)

These were legit SO easy, and could very simply be made for ANY occasion or even a non-occasion dinner party.

HAPPY HAPPY!
xoxo,
janie from scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment