Tuesday, July 24, 2012

4th of July Strawberries

For the 4th of July this year I was invited to a fun pool party in Wilton Manors (a super trendy and awesome neighborhood in Ft Lauderdale). I was asked to bring a dessert, but I wanted to do something healthy and I found on pinterest (of course, do you see a theme?) some adorable 4th of July Red, White & Blue strawberries. They were so easy to make and a BIG hit! Except, everyone's mouth turned blue from the sprinkles! ;)

4th of July Strawberries
strawberries (I bought 3 pints because that day at Publix the strawberries looked a little sad and I wanted enough that I could use that were "pretty"... yes I'm crazy!)
white candy melts (I found these at Michael's using a coupon, but you could also use white chocolate)
blue sprinkles

Wash and dry the strawberries. It's very important to dry them well otherwise the candy melts (or chocolate) won't stick! Pour the sprinkles in a bowl (a bowl is easier than using a plate). Put the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until melted. Dip a strawberry about 2/3 the way up in the candy melts. You might have to roll from side to side to get it fully covered. Then dip about 1/2 the way up in the sprinkles and roll from side to side until evenly sprinkled. Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tin foil. Refrigerate until firm (this won't take that long, maybe 30 mins-1 hour). Take to a party and show off to all your friends how cute and creative you are! :)


[These would also be super cute for Christmas with green sprinkles.]

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment