Monday, July 23, 2012

Crafts: Bachelorette Basket of Booze

So, I apologize in advance: this post isn't going to be about food. Sometimes I like to be a bit crafty. Since this is MY blog, I guess I can write about anything I want, right? I feel like everybody is always looking for inexpensive and cute gift ideas, and here's one I made!

A few weekends ago I traveled to Tampa to celebrate my friend Becky's Bachelorette weekend. I had no idea what to get her, so I did some searching on pinterest. I found this adorable 21st Birthday basket, and decided to recreate it Bachelorette-style. It turned out AMAZING, and she (and the other gals) loved it!


You need:
a basket/bucket
foam to fit the basket
spray paint
wooden dowels or lollipop sticks (I used these)
ribbon (I used 2 spools)
super glue
easter filling for covering the foam
shooter-sized bottles of your Bachelorette's favorite booze
anything else fun (I got a thong and some Bachelorette cards)

Start by cutting your foam down to fit your basket. I cut mine so it was an inch or two shorter than the top of the basket. I recommend doing this outdoors. I did it in my kitchen and there were little white pieces of foam EVERYWHERE! Then, spray paint the foam to match your basket (mine was dark brown so I spray painted it black; I just didn't want it to be glaring white through the slats in the basket). I also spray painted my lollipop sticks black as well. This was harder than it seemed... I ended up having to stick them in the excess foam to be able to get all the sides, and even then, I ended up with spray paint everywhere! (Another outdoors portion of this project.) I then cut ribbon about 18" long for each stick and superglued it to the ends. Tie your shooter bottles to the sticks with the ribbon. I made a cute bow on each one too. Then stick each one in the foam. (There were a few that were a little too heavy to tie, so I just placed them in there.) Add your easter grass and voila!

Here's an overhead picture:

The most expensive part of this project was DEFINITELY the booze. I didn't really pay attention to what I was picking (I got 20 bottles) and the bill was a shocker at the end. But, I bet you could find those $1 shooters and then this would be a lot cheaper. Other than the booze, I spent maybe $20 on all the other materials (use those Michael's coupons to your advantage.. you can even print them off the website!). An adorable, thoughtful and inexpensive gift!

Get creative.. even when you aren't in the kitchen!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment