Thursday, July 26, 2012

Semi-Homemade Pizza

This pizza was the first thing I made for my roomie and I after moving into our new place. I cheated a little and got store-bought pizza dough from Publix. Maybe one day I'll blog about making pizza dough from scratch. When I was growing up (and to this day if my brother or I are home), my mom made pizza from scratch every Friday night for dinner. I can only remember a few times we ever ordered in, and if my mom was away, my dad would make little pizzas from English Muffins. I order in Papa Johns WAY too often now, which is shameful, because this was so easy!


Grab a package of pre-made pizza dough from your local grocery. Publix is super awesome and puts the sauce, cheese and some toppings next to the pizza dough in the bakery for you. :) But if you don't go to Publix, the sauce is next to the Spaghetti sauces (make sure you get Pizza sauce!) and you can use either mozarella or an Italian blend of cheese. Try not to get diet or fat-free cheese, it just doesn't melt as well. We just used cheese, but feel free to add on your favorite toppings. When I want veggies, I always saute them a little to take the raw bite out of them and then throw them on top.


I have a pizza stone that I bake my pizzas on (among other things), but if you don't, just use a regular cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes (or whatever it says on your package) until the bottom is crusty and the cheese is all melty. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment