Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Aunty Lyn's Queso

Oh man, y'all, I LOVE queso. Of all sorts, but especially my Aunty Lyn's. I haven't had it in forever because it makes a LOT, but since we had family in town over the holidays, I made some to share. It's super easy, so quick, and SO yummy.

Aunty Lyn's Queso

  • 1 box velveeta regular
  • 1 box velveeta Mexican
  • 1 can Rotel
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned & drained (I use the spicy kind!)
  • pickled jalapenos & juice to taste

Melt everything together either on the stove or in a slow cooker. Over the stove, be careful that the cheese doesn't get burnt to the bottom of the pan -- this happened to me and it was UNPLEASANT to clean up. 
Get LOTS of scoops chips because this makes a lot of delicious queso. 

xoxo,
janie from scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment