Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Happy Hour: Canadian Princess Champagne Martini

In honor of the Olympics in Canada and America's own Olympic figure skating princess--Johnny Weir (sadly Johnny did not win a medal last night), today I decided to create my own Canadian Princess martini! Many of you know my love for champagne, and Johnny loves champies as well (I double-checked his website), so I made that a part of it! :)

(Yes, that is Johnny's outfit for his short program in the 2010 Olympics. Unfortunately from this angle you can't see his pink tassel. He also performed to Lady Gaga's Poker Face in an exhibition last year--I highly recommend you check it out on youtube!)

Canadian Princess Champagne Martini
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce peach nectar/juice
1 ounce pineapple juice
splash grenadine
champagne

In a cocktail shaker, mix the vodka, peach and pineapple juice and shake to chill. In the bottom of your martini glass, put a splash of grenadine (more if you like it sweeter). Pour in the juice mixture, and fill the rest of the glass up with cold champagne. Today I bought the little cans of peach and pineapple juices and the little bottles of champagne--that way I don't have to drink an entire bottle of champagne by myself and I can enjoy this delicious and fruity martini on demand. (The fruit is what makes it healthy, as Paula would say.)

Hope you enjoy the martini and the rest of the Olympics! GO USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment