Thursday, February 25, 2010

Friday Happy Hour: Scarlett O'Hara's Summer Breeze

I know I'm a little early on this post, but I'm leaving for the UK tonight and won't be able to post this tomorrow.

Some of you may know that I'm (slowly) making my way through Gone with the Wind on my Kindle for iPhone. I have a feeling that Scarlett O'Hara sat around on her porch sipping sweet tea and wondering what her life was all about. So this cocktail is inspired by her.

Scarlett O'Hara's Summer Breeze
2 ounces sweet tea vodka
lemonade (Today I cheated and bought Publix-brand lemonade, since I can't stand the lemonade that the soda companies make, but if you have the time, make some from scratch, it'll just make this drink that much better!)

Mix both over ice and garnish with a lemon. How easy is that?? And it tastes just like an Arnold Palmer--truly delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Wow all my favorites: Vodka & lemonade & tea! Enjoy GWTW.
    Read RHETT BUTLER's side of the story: http://deathofrhett.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete