Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Cocktail--Pomegranate Champagne Punch

So I've been super busy this week, and didn't get a chance to write the usual Friday Happy Hour Cocktail....so instead, I'll write one that you can share with your honey on Valentine's Day. I made this one for Christmas and it was delish!

For a larger batch you can double this.

Pomegranate Champagne Punch

1/4 cup water + 1/4 cup sugar: make simple syrup (if you've forgotten, check out this blog to remind yourself!)
1 750-ml bottle champagne, chilled
3/4 cup white rum
5/8 cup pomegranate juice
1 lemon, sliced
pomegranate seeds
chopped mint leaves

Make sure all your liquids are chilled, and mix together. If you want, you can create some ice cubs with chunks of lemon or pomegranate seeds or mint leaves in them to keep your punch cold while you're serving it.

Check out this website if you need help getting the seeds out of your pomegranate.

I didn't take a picture when I made this for Christmas, but here's a pic I stole from Bon Appetit (where I found the recipe):

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment